Metro League Diving Bylaws
- Diver’s age as of May 15th shall determine the age group in which that diver will compete in that summer season.
- Divers must be in at least two dual meets to compete in league.
- The top two divers from each age group, at dive finals, go through to State.
- CHSAA DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY OF STANDARDS WILL BE USED.
- All jumps and falls will be given a degree of difficulty of 1.0
- A full back approach, including arm swing and push off, must be used in order for the dive to be considered a back dive.
- On all approaches and dives, the arms must be above the shoulder, leaving the board in order to be scored.
- Forward approach must be continuous with no pause more than one second.
- On forward and back approaches, both feet must leave the board at the same time, or it will be considered a failed dive.
- When performing a forward or back jump, it is permissible to leave the arms above the head.
- No front falls permitted, only back falls(002)
- Jumps and falls cannot be awarded anything over a 5.
- For feet first entries, the feet must hit the water first, or the dive will be failed.
- For hands first entries, the hands must hit the water first, or the dive will be failed.
- On twisting dives, the twist must be initiated in the air after leaving the board, or the dive will be failed.
- If a diver receives two 0 dives in one meet, this will result in disqualification.
- At a ¼ over and a ¼ under, it will not be considered as a failed dive, but it will be judges discretion of point deduction.
Deduction(all of the deductions will happen by the judges, not
the scoring table.)
- Minor breaks in position will be judge’s discretion of point reduction.
- Major breaks in position will be scored with 2’s.
- Crow hops will be a two point deduction from the judges.
- Arm above the head on a feet first entry will be deducted points at the judge’s discretion unless it is a 1.0 dive.
- The dive number stands, position can be changed on the board, but the lower DD will stand.
|Age Group||Dual Meets||1.0 Dives||Championships||1.0 Dives|
|8 & Under||3 dives, 2 groups||2||4 dives, 2 groups||2|
|9-10||4 dives, 2 groups||2||5 dives, 2 groups||2|
|11-12||5 dives, 3 groups||1||6 dives, 3 groups||2|
|13-14||6 dives, 4 groups||1||8 dives, 4 groups||1|
|15-18||6 dives, 4 groups||0||8 dives, 4 groups||0|
- Dual meets: 5-3-1, for 1st, 2nd, 3rd (respectively)